Frequently Asked Questions From Potential Franchisees
Here are some frequently asked questions to help give you a better understanding of owning a UFood franchise.
1. What is the all-in cost of opening a UFood Grill? The cost will vary dependent on location of the real estate and size of restaurant. A range would be $415,500 – $598,500 for a traditional 1800-2200 sq. ft. restaurant.
2. What are the cash and net worth requirements to qualify to open a UFood Grill Franchise? Minimum cash available for investment $200,000 and a minimum net worth $350,000.
3. How much can I make owning and operating a UFood Grill? We are restricted by the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) and by select state regulations from making any kind of earnings claims or profit projections. There are tools available including our FDD (Franchise Disclosure Document) and the ability to speak to existing franchisees to help determine if a UFood Grill franchise is right for you. Register on line to receive your FDD today.
4. What is the Franchise Fee, the Royalty Fee, and the Brand Development Fee, and are these fees negotiable? The Franchise Fee for a single unit is $35,000. The Royalty Fee is 5% of Gross Sales and the Brand Development fee is 2% of Gross Sales. These fees are non-negotiable, however there are fee reduction incentives offered for multi-unit development. Please ask your Franchise Development Representative for details.
5. Should I have a site already secured before I sign a Franchise Agreement? It doesn’t hurt to have a site, however we must approve it before moving forward. If you don’t have a site, DON’T WORRY! We have a Development process that provides both real estate site selection and design and construction assistance. Once you sign a Franchise Agreement we will help you locate an approved site and assist with the design of your restaurant. We will work closely with your contractor and order all of your FF&E (Furniture, Fixtures, & Equipment) with you, and work with you to get your restaurant opened timely.
6. How long will it take to open my UFood Grill? From your first contact to opening averages 6 months to 1 year dependent on a number of factors to include but not limited to, site availability, permitting, and weather.
7. Is there a training program? There is a 2 week hands-on training program for up to 3 people. There is also a week of classroom training as well.
8. Do you offer financing? We do not offer in house financing, but there are many options for 3rd party financing dependent on your credit score, cash available, and current net worth.We are SBA certified and a member of Vet-Fran.
9. Is there on-going support? OF COURSE! We have on going operational and marketing support available to all our franchisees. We regularly communicate with all our restaurants on new menu item introductions, local marketing ideas, community involvement, operational support, business reviews, and supplier support.